What is Priority 2020
The project ‘Priority 2020’, the website and online petition, are an initiative from ‘World Peace 2035’ (WP2035), an international non-profit organization based in Belgium which aims the achievement of World Peace by 2035.
Information we collect
To run our online petition ‘Priority 2020’ and show you relevant content we need to know a little about you and your interests. Here we outline what information this website collects, and how we collect it.
What we collect
When you fill the ‘Priority 2020’ petition via our website, there’s no creation of a personal profile. Therefore, all information you provide is sent only once and cannot be edited in any way.
The information you fill in the petition is all that will be collected by us, which includes:
- Your full name
- Your email address
- The name of the country where you live
- The same data above about a friend of yours, in case you fill the “invite a friend” form
- Information about you available in public records, or other publicly available databases, such as civic data APIs
- Information about you that we get from third party data providers. We obtain this data with assurance from these providers that you have consented to the collecting and sharing of this data. We don’t actively collect sensitive public data such as medical data. In addition, we only collect information that is permissible to collect in each country where we operate.
How we collect it
Most of the information will be collected by your active actions on our website, like:
- Filling the ‘Priority 2020’ form
- Filling the “invite a friend” form
- Clicking social media icons for sharing and liking our website
Other ways to collect information are:
- Browser and device information: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, and the name and version of the platform you are using.
- IP Address: Your “IP Address” is a designator that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet service provider (ISP). An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you use our platforms and services, along with the time of your visit and the specific page(s) that you visited.
How we may use your information
Here are the ways we might use your information to fulfill the purpose of the ‘Priority 2020’ petition and serve you better content.
- All information filled on the ‘Priority 2020’ petition (name, country and email) will be used as part of the final petition document to be sent to the United Nations by the year 2020 requesting that World Peace becomes the priority of UN’s actions and decisions.
- We may use your contact information to send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding our service and changes to our policies.
- We may use your contact information to send you informative and promotional content regarding our activities.
- We use your information for general business purposes, such as data analysis, developing new services, enhancing, improving, or modifying our platform, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of campaigns, and operating and expanding our non-profit activities.
- We may use information about your social media account and activities to facilitate social sharing functionality, such as sharing our petition or other content, through our platforms and other social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter.
- We may use information about your computer or device to ensure that our site, apps, and APIs function properly and are optimized for your computer or device.
- We may combine the information you submit to us with information about you from public records, publicly available databases, and third-party providers.
Who may receive your information
Here we outline when and how information can be shared – either by you via the platforms, or by us:
- Since all information filled on the ‘Priority 2020’ petition (name, country and email) will be aimed to be received by UN’s authorities, they will also have access to your information. If you do not wish to have this information shared with the petition recipient, you should not sign the petition.
- Fraud prevention: We may disclose the personal information we collect about our users when we believe disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent, or respond to suspected illegal or fraudulent activity or to protect the safety, rights, or property of us, our users, or others.
- Law enforcement purposes: If requested or required by government authorities, such as law enforcement authorities, courts, or regulators, or otherwise to comply with the law, we may have to disclose any information we have about our users. We also may disclose information collected about you in order to exercise or protect legal rights or defend against legal claims.
When you give ‘Priority 2020’ and ‘WP2035’ personal information, we take steps to ensure that your information is treated securely. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
Under circumstances where we determine that members may be misusing our systems for malicious purposes (for example, using the emails we provide to make harassing messages), such activities may be reported to law enforcement agencies. In such cases, ‘WP2035’ may release personally identifiable information, including name and address, to those agencies.
Data alteration and removal
If you want to alter or remove your signature from the Priority 2020 petition, just contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to contact us